Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Magic Pill



If, like everyone else on the planet, you would like to discover the “Magic Pill”, look no further. It’s Jesus. I kid you not. I don’t exaggerate or even dramatize. It’s a very basic fact.

Jesus is not merely the Magic Pill, He is the “Majestic Pill”. Magic is a cheap, flimsy word to describe what He can do in our lives, but He is no less “magical” than the most powerful Genie, the wisest Guru and the most spiritual yogi you can find. Their most powerful chants, curses, spells and tricks are less than child’s play to our Majestic God of Gods, Lord of Lords and Omnipotent Master.

Jesus is light years ahead of anything the fake gods can muster. He is “Thee Spearhead”. The devil and his crowd will bow the knee to our King. They will fall on their faces and cry out to Him for mercy in the end.

Yes, Jesus is our Genie. When we rub Him the right way, He’ll do whatever we ask of Him! Just ASK ME HOW I KNOW!

Immediately, people think,

“Oh! So you must be rich!”

And, they would be right. But, come on! Why so shallow? I am not rich in the physical. At least, not rich in the way that the world defines “rich”. I have what I need, when I need it. I know I could have a lot more, if I had the faith for it. But, why worry about earthly wealth when there are oceans of spiritual wealth to discover?

The spiritual riches far surpass anything we have or hold in the physical!

Like I say, “If you treat Jesus right, He treats you right.” He treats you much better than right! He provides! He protects! (You may not even know how much protection He’s been providing for you! I am always amazed that there are so few accidents on the highways here in Malaysia when I see the immature and outrageous risks that drivers take – driving along the white lines, skimming the car they’re passing and coming up on the bumper of your car. But, they survive!) He protects, believe me! God’s angels are working overtime! 

He inspires! He guides! He enlightens! He forgives!

Thank God for His everlasting mercy and forgiveness! Where would we be without it? YOU KNOW WHERE!

--Which brings me to another point: He saves!

Name one genie, idol, fake god, witch, Yogi, Zen master, Guru, Buddha or prophet that can do THAT.

Well, they can’t. That’s just it. They can’t. And they never will. No matter how many sticks of incense you burn, sacrifices you offer, prayers you pray, vows you make or offerings you bring. They won’t save your soul.

There is only ONE God, folks, who is able to save your eternal soul for eternity and that’s the God who became a man. He took on human flesh so He could understand and feel what it’s like to be human.

How humble is that? What kind of craziness is that?

It’s the Jesus kind of craziness. He is crazy about us! That’s why He gave so much! He gave HIMSELF. How much more could we ask?

He overcame death for us.

You may ask,

“If Jesus Christ overcame death, why do we still die?”

All I can suggest as an answer to that is: We don’t die in the same sense that unbelievers die. There must be a kind of terrible soul-suffering and pain that humans pass through when they die. We don’t have to go through that suffering of the soul in death. Our flesh dies. Not our spirit.

The blood of Jesus Christ is our victory flag. It’s our FREE PASS. It’s our “Get Out of Prison” card!

Beloved Believers, We do not pay the price for our sins! That price has been paid for in blood. The blood of the Lamb.

Now, if our God has done all that so that we don’t have to suffer the pains of death and sin, how much more will He do for us, if we only ask?

My mother used to say, “There’s no harm in asking.”

I used to think, “What’s the use? You’re just going to say, ‘No.’”

NOT SO with our Great God! In my experience, He almost always says, 

“Yes! Sure! Why not? I love you!” And He also says, “Anything else I can do for you? My beloved?”

… and I get the feeling that it’s only the tip of the iceburg!

No comments:

Post a Comment