Saturday, November 19, 2016

Soldiers

The war is on. It's time to get militant with the enemy. Like never before in the history of the world, the battle is intensifying. Why?

Because Satan knows that his time is short. If his time was short before, it's a lot shorter now.

He's pulling out his big guns so we have to pull out ours. We wrestle not against flesh and blood but we DO wrestle. Every day is a battle. Every day the enemy's tactics take a new little twist.

He'll never get ahead of us if we are staying close to the Lord and hidden in His Word because God knows everything way ahead of time. Our God knows the end from the beginning. The question is:

Are we hearing from God?

Little details, little hints and leadings from the Holy Spirit can set us out of the enemy's reach. God doesn't often yell in your ear. It does happen rarely.

One time, though, I remember hearing the voice of God very distinctly as though it was an actual person talking to me. The effect was very strengthening.

I was sitting at the back of a small commercial plane and we were landing in Siem Reap, Cambodia when I heard a voice that came sort of "out of the blue" or just detached from my normal thoughts. Of course, I was in a posture of praying and preparing to transition into a country where I'd never been before.

Often in these times of change, we get a chance to stretch our faith and get our character tested. And, for me, the area of finances has always been my "Achilles heel". (God knows me so well.) So, when the voice said,

"You're not going to like this," I knew it was going to have something to do with money.

At the same time, I had to smile. It was like a warning but in an ironic sort of way. It made me relax and "go with the flow" knowing that I had to face whatever there was to face and try to grin and bear it.

Sure enough, inside the airport, I was informed that Immigrations wanted $50 US to enter the country. Holy cow! Skimming right off the top. My usual attitude would have been. . . bad. With this warning under my belt, I straightened up and put on a grin to give the impression I had lots of money and could have put out ten times more.

The voice sure was right. It was prophetic in fact. I didn't like it.

The funny thing? I LOVED hearing that funny warning. It was worth much more than fifty bucks. God can take the pain out of life. And He really does have a great sense of humour. Of course He does, He invented it.

The point I was trying to make is that, these days, with the battle intensifying, we must be able to hear from God. Always be open to hearing from God. Give the Holy Spirit a chance to speak.

Be still and know that He is God.

Another thing too: I really feel that the Great Tribulation is going to be worse for unbelievers, those who don't have the Holy Spirit's protection and those who profess to be Christians without the power of God.

Those believers who are serious about their faith and read the Word, those who trust in Jesus and call on His name in trouble, those who are not playing games with God, these people will see the power of God during the Great Tribulation. They will receive power from on high.

When darkness falls, a little bit of light will be seen for miles. When there's nothing left but God, we'll discover that God is enough. God is sufficient. He is much more than enough.

Don't be afraid of your fear. Give it to Jesus. He's more than able to take all your fears and weaknesses on Himself. He'll heal every disease and provide every need. He never fails.

Has He ever failed you yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment