Sunday, January 20, 2013

How to Believe the Word? Read It!

If you've read previous posts, you'll know that I was talking about believing.

Some people will say, " I don't believe in the Bible." My question to that would be,

"Have you ever read the Bible? If you have, how much of it have you truly read?"

Usually people will say it's difficult to read it, it puts them to sleep, they can't understand the strange words, etc.

Here's the thing. First of all, one really doesn't know whether or not they believe in the Bible, unless they have read it. Secondly, reading the Bible is what gives you the faith to believe in the Bible.

Did you get that?

Faith comes from the Word (The Bible). The more you read it, the more faith you get.

You might be very surprised to discover that you actually do believe in the Bible. Once you get to know it and read it for yourself, you might find out that you actually LOVE it! Like getting to know a person that you really haven't taken the time to talk to and then, when you do, ZAP! --You fall in LOVE!

That's the way it was for me and for thousands of other believers. They didn't know Jesus. They even professed to being an atheist, a non-believer, an agnostic. It seemed easier to just brush aside the Bible.

After all, the Bible is constantly being ridiculed, even associated with ignorance. We used to refer to those who were "heathen" or non-believers as being ignorant. If you were uneducated in the Bible, it made you ignorant. But, nowadays, believing in the Bible is what makes you "ignorant" in the eyes of the so-called "educated".

Why is there so much embarrassment surrounding The Holy Bible and the name of Jesus? Think about it and we'll discuss that later. 

Did you know that there are little animals, called lemmings that follow each other so closely that when the leader runs off a cliff, the rest follow? How dumb is that?

My point is that we are individuals who are responsible for our own lives. When we stand before God and it's our turn to "cash in our chips", so to speak, we won't get anyone else's chips. Nobody else is going to do the explaining for us. . . . Except Jesus.

So, here's more Word. If you don't have your own Bible handy, you can read it right here on "Faith Feed"!

John, Chapter 6 continued. . .
30. They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?
31. Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.
32. Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the True Bread from heaven.
33. For the Bread of God is He which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
34. Then said they unto Him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.
35. And Jesus said unto them, I am the Bread of Life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
36. But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.
37. All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
38. For I came down from heaven not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39. And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me, I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day.
40. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

No comments:

Post a Comment