Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Word is Here to Stay!

In the words of Jesus Christ, our Lord,

"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away."

Think about it!

I believe you would have to say that what Jesus is saying here is that the WORD is going to outlast everything. And, in my own puny understanding, doesn't that also mean that the WORD is more important than this planet we live on?

(In fact, the planet that we live on is a direct result of the WORD.)

Now, if there is any doubt that Jesus actually said this or that He used these exact words, it has been written and recorded not just in the book of Matthew, but also in Mark and Luke in exactly the same words. If you don't believe me, you can read it yourself.

Matthew 24:35 "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away."
Mark 13:31 "Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away."
Luke 21:33 "Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away."

Word for word, these three verses are the same. The only difference is that one has a comma rather than a colon.

And that's all I want to say about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment