Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Get the Antidote

We used to tell our kids that for every hour of TV they watched, they should get an hour in the Word of God. I think the same holds true today, if not more so. Even if what we're watching on TV or Youtube is the truth and an expose on the "powers that be", we should still maintain our spiritual equilibrium.

We can get too much truth. Too much reality. Sometimes the cold, hard facts are too much to take. The devil loves to get us so full of the negative aspects of what's going on in the world today that we take our eyes off the Lord, off the Word and off the goal. That's how he tries to weaken us.

If the enemy of our souls can get us to focus on all the evil and wickedness going on around us, we'll soon want to give up. He wants to make us think that it's impossible. But, in fact, it's not even God's will for us to worry about most of that stuff. The time may come when we may have to deal with something negative, but when that time comes, God will give us the grace, strength and faith to deal with it. We don't get the power to deal with things that don't concern us or that haven't happened yet.

Ok. Having said that, we can't just turn a blind eye either. Bad things are going on. Cancer rates are sky-rocketing, the elite of this world are taking our freedoms, the economy is failing, Roundup is destroying our food, Big Brother is watching every move we make and on and on. We can be aware of all of this stuff and maybe we should be aware of it. But, only so we can pray against its power over us.

We should look at in this way: it's child's play. The devil and his ilk are naughty, little children trying to annoy us. That's all. We can't take it seriously. Even if things look really bad, our God is all-powerful. Our God is omnipotent. He is omnipresent. He is omniscient. He is the One with the power and it's all His plan. The devil really can't do anything outside of God's will. He can't touch us without God's permission.

The Devil is a puny, weak little drama queen, constantly trying to get attention. He'll do anything to get our attention off of God. How much better if he can get us to doubt God and question our God. But, as the saying goes,

"The Devil flees when he sees the weakest saint upon his knees."

Sometimes our greatest strength is in our weakness. Our greatest power comes from having a vacuum for the Word of God to take root in the depths of our souls. I have to remind myself that it's perfectly ok to hide myself in the Word. Is it an escape?

Yep!

John 14

1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place fo you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

THIS is the GOAL. HEAVEN is our GOAL.

This life is the temporal, imitation of reality.  That's why this life seems so ridiculous, so inexplicably nonsensical, erratic and unreasonable. It seems pointless, futile, or, as King Solomon said,

"Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity. I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit." (Ecclesiastes 1:2 & 14)

In spite of all the nonsense going on in the world today with people struggling for power and wealth, God has his children out there searching for Him and it's up to us to guide them into the fold. That's what puts meaning back into this crazy life of ours. We're supposed to search out and find His lost sheep. It may be one-by-one or dozens at a time.

Heaven rejoices over one saved sinner.

The thing I'm trying to say is that we shouldn't get an overload of bad news, even if it is the truth. I love to hear all the conspiracy theories and follow all the latest exposes. But, when it gets to be too much, it's time to run back under the shelter of His wings and SOAK IN THE WORD.

I need that HEALING BALM to bring back PEACE AND MEANING to my existence.

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

If you don't know what is going to happen to your soul when this life is over, I strongly suggest that you take Jesus as your Messiah. He gave His life to pay for your sins so that you don't have to try to pay the impossible price for your own forgiveness.

"For what is your life? It is but a vapour that appeareth for a little while and then vanishes away."

To accept Jesus Christ as your Saviour, you can say a prayer like this:

"Dear Jesus, I believe that You are the Son of God who died on the cross two thousand years ago to pay for my sins. Please come into my heart and wash away all my sins. Give me eternal life and a new life in your Holy Spirit. Amen."

If this is the first time you have accepted Jesus, please do write in the comment section below or send me an email as I would love to hear from you. Also, I suggest that you get yourself a Bible in your language and start reading from the book of John. You can also read from the beginning of this blog.

"He that has the Son has life; and he that has not the Son of God has not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God." (I John 5:12 & 13)


No comments:

Post a Comment