Thursday, February 23, 2017

Tasty!

 
Just looking at this marvel of a creation makes my mouth water. I had one today. I confess. --Along with just the best-tasting cup of coffee and, guess what--- the cruller was FREE. (No, this is not a Tim Horton's advertisement.)

As I was taking my first bite of this delicious treat, the thought occurred to me that there was more. That melt-in-my-mouth feeling was going to happen again! Yes!

I still had 3/4 of a donut left to go. Bite by bite, the soft, ridges sat on my tongue and sip-by-sip, the coffee warmed my insides like a mother's love for her child.

It tasted too good to feel guilty about. My body would just have to figure out a way to assimilate it.

But, what if I had taken one bite and stopped? What if I had left the rest of that cruller sitting on the table and walked away? What if I had forced myself to stop eating it?

I would still remember the exquisite experience of having that cruller in my mouth and there would be some still in my stomach to remind me of what I could have had. It's almost unthinkable that someone would have that much willpower to refuse to continue eating the rest of such a tasty treat, isn't it?

Yet, that's how some people treat the Word of God. They take one little nibble and it just throws them into ecstasy. Then, they stop. It's not that they're full. They still have the 3/4 of the treat left. They could still take another bite and enjoy it as much as the first one.

So, why do they quit?

Too many calories?

It seems almost inhumanly self-willed to stop tasting the mouth-watering delicacies of the Word. I just don't understand how anyone could quit until they at least finish off the chapter they started. Finish off the whole book. Go on to the next. Why not?

It just tastes SO GOOD.

Sure, it's a new flavor that maybe they're not used to, but one does develop a taste for this new food. Maybe they're afraid of indigestion, heart-burn or diarrhea. Maybe it just costs too much.

The Word of God will change you. Once you taste and see for yourself that the Lord is good and His Word is the Truth, it's impossible to go back. You'll be a prisoner of Love forever. And nothing else will ever fully satisfy you.

It's the Divine Addiction. Bet you can't just try a bite.









No comments:

Post a Comment