Tuesday, November 10, 2015

FEELINGS, FAITH AND FACT

THREE MEN WERE WALKING ON THE WALL
FEELINGS, FAITH AND FACT.
FEELINGS HAD AN AWFUL FALL,
FAITH WAS TAKEN BACK.
BUT, FACT PULLED UP FAITH AND FAITH PULLED UP FEELINGS
AND THEY WALKED ON THE WALL AGAIN.

When you "feel" that God doesn't love you and He doesn't hear your prayers and He's just not taking care of you, what do you do?

The Devil sure loves to lie to us. That seems to be his favourite game. He'll tell us that life is a game and it doesn't matter whether we believe in God or not. Besides, God doesn't really love us. He's just testing us, but He doesn't really care. When was the last time He answered our prayers? Where's the proof that God even exists?

How do I know all that? Because these are a few of the lies I've been getting handed recently. The enemy of my soul came in like a flood. So, what did I do? Did I stand up and go on the offensive and attack the Devil?

Nope. I caved. I quit. I let the Devil walk all over me. And boy, did he ever walk all over me!

The verse came to me: "When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him." But, by the time that verse came to me, I was so weak and worn out, I barely had the strength to lift my head. Until... what happened next was that the Devil manifested! How?

In the form of a big, ugly cock-roach. Is there anything uglier on this earth than a cock-roach? I ask you. Women hate them. For some reason, men are not so bothered. But, to a woman, there's something about the way they walk, the way they lift their ugly wings, the sight of the size of them. (The one that came into my kitchen last night was about 4 inches long and fat!)

I'm telling you, when you're face-to-face with the Devil itself, you all of a sudden decide very fast which side you are on!

"Oh, God, help me!" I yelled at the cock-roach, "The angel of the Lord SMITE you!"

It ran along the ceiling and down the wall. I threw a liquid cleaner bottle at it and smacked it. Then it started running at me and I yelled at it and pointed my finger, "I rebuke you, in Jesus's name!"

It flipped over on its back and kicked its legs in the air. So, I went back in my bedroom, having squirted cleaning fluid in front of the bedroom door and put a shawl in the crack under the door after I closed myself in. Then it seemed the Lord was laughing at me.

"You really changed your mind fast about God not loving you and not taking care of you." It seemed those thoughts came to me and I realized: no matter HOW I feel, the FACTS are the FACTS. And the FACT is that Jesus died for me!

And why the heck did He die for me? Because He loves me. Period. End of story.

God loves me. THAT is FACT. We know He loves us because we KNOW He died for us!

We know that Jesus Christ died on the cross of Calvary just as we know that Napoleon conquered Europe and was defeated at the battle of Waterloo. Do we question that Napoleon lived? No, we don't because THERE WERE WITNESSES, LOTS of witnesses!

Do you know how many people saw Jesus AFTER he rose from the dead? There were a lot of witnesses because Jesus spent 40 days on the earth in His new body, before his ascension. There were witnesses that saw Him before He died, too, of course. So these are FACTS.

What I did was to stand on the FACTS and declare to God, myself and the Devil the FACTS that Jesus died and rose from the dead. There is no refuting the evidence for the facts.

Then, the facts pulled up my FAITH and eventually my faith pulled up my feelings. Thank heavens, we do not go by our feelings because we can feel terrible at any given moment. We cannot be led of our feelings. Even our faith can fail. That's when we need to remind ourselves of the FACTS!

You don't even need to say, "I believe He died to save me." You can say, " I KNOW He died to saved me." It's a historical fact.

All the apostles saw Jesus after He rose from the dead. So, they are WITNESSES. This is evidence that would stand up in a court of law! There really is no question about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment