Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Ready to Read Relevant Revelation?

The other day, I got the verse "Thou therefore endure hardness as a good soldier of Jesus Christ."

When I told my friend about it, she immediately suggested some ways in which I could possibly apply that verse. Understandably, she applied it to me in a way that I would find something difficult to endure. But, when you get right down to it, only the Lord knows me well enough to know what I call "hardness" or what is difficult for me, personally.

There are two messages in that verse, I think.
#1 I am a soldier. I should act like a soldier, behave like a soldier and prepare to face the battles that are ahead. I should get a battle plan ready. Psychologically, I need to toughen up! What do soldiers do? Follow orders. So, it's time to stop and listen to get those orders from the Commander if Chief.

#2 Endure hardness. Well, in a sense that IS the order. Endure. Prepare to endure. Hang in there. Stand your ground. I am to build up my inner man in order to endure. That takes yielding to God, too.

In both cases, it takes a letting-go of my own plans and ideas and hearing from the Commanding Officer who alone knows what is up front on the battle field.

Hey! I think we need more soldiers out here on the front lines! New recruits! We need some fresh intake to step up and lay down their lives for the Kingdom of God! What say you?

Send me an email and I'll gladly arrange a free Bible study for any who are interested. We'll start with the book of Revelation! So, if you are ready to read relevant Revelation, respond with an email! 

brenleephillips@gmail.com

I'd love to hear from you! Or if you want to make a comment below, feel free.

Here are some encouraging faith-building words for you "good soldiers of Jesus Christ"! 

James 5
8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

I Peter 3
13 And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good?
14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;
15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
16 Having a good conscience; that whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.
17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

I Peter 4
12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when His glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part He is evil spoken of, but on your part He is glorified.

I Peter 5
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
10 But the God of all grace, Who hath called us unto His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
11 To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
16 Yet if any man/woman suffer as a Christian, (In those days, the word "Christian" referred to the new sect of disciples who followed the teachings of Christ. To say that you were a Christian was to paint a target on your back, so to speak.) let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

Do you know Jesus? Do you belong to Him? If you are His and He is your God, you have nothing to worry about in the days ahead that are coming on the world. Yes, there will be famines, pestilences, earthquakes in diverse places, wars, rumours of wars and even a New World Order that wants to take away our freedom, BUT, for those of us who know our God. We will be STRONG. Not only will we be strong, but we will do GREAT EXPLOITS. 




No comments:

Post a Comment