Sunday, November 29, 2015

What's Our Strategy?

I gotta say, I have to disagree with the strategy that many of us have taken: hiding our heads in the sand and hoping that it all goes away. Believe me, I have been there and done that. It's the first reaction of our carnal minds and our flesh. Self-preservation. That's how we feel on auto-pilot. HIDE. PRETEND IT'S NOT HAPPENING.

"It's happening in Syria, Iraq, Africa, France, Israel... but it's not happening where I am. ---Maybe I'll get raptured. Maybe Jesus will come back before it gets to us. Maybe I'll die of a heart-attack. Maybe we can bunk up in the basement and live on emergency rations..."

It reminds me of my attitude when I was attacked by 6 dogs. (I'm not sure whether it was 5 or 6 or more, but they were ferocious.) Now, most dogs are all bark and no bite, but these dogs were specifically trained to attack. And, when I saw them rushing at me with their teeth bared, my reaction was... I turned my back on them and CLOSED MY EYES.

A sister-in-the Lord and I had been hitch-hiking from Toronto to Niagara Falls and were let out of a car on the side of the highway. I had been a born-again Christian for a year and she was a little older in the faith. She was a beautiful girl, petite and feisty and full of the Spirit of God.

As we began to walk along the side of the road, we heard barking from the top of a hill. The dogs had apparently been penned up but were released the moment we had gotten out from the car. It seemed those dogs were coming at us from three different directions so I turned to run into the traffic to cross the six-lane highway to get away from them. But, that full-of-faith sister held me back.

"Don't do it! You'll get killed!"

She turned and faced those dogs and pointed at them, yelling, "I rebuke you, in Jesus's name!"

I stood there watching, dumb-founded as those dogs broke stride and froze! They actually left a margin of space between her and them. BUT, one of them, upon noticing my lack of attacking initiative, started to sneak around the "barrier" to come up from behind me!

The sister wheeled around and yelled at me to rebuke those dogs. So, I suddenly found my courage and pointed at that sneaky dog, rebuking him. We both yelled at those dogs until they literally tucked their tails between their legs and RAN back up that hill where they'd come from!

Did I ever learn a lesson that day! It worked! The angels of God fought the battle for us. But, it was up to us to call on the name of the Lord and focus our attacking initiative against the enemy!

Even when the enemy comes in like a flood, if we do not fear, if we stand our ground and trust in Jesus, the enemy MUST FLEE. He has no choice. He has no rights. He must give us leeway.

"When the enemy comes in like a flood, the spirit of God will lift up a standard against him." That standard is what marks our territory. WE ARE THE KINGDOM OF GOD ON EARTH and the enemy of our souls is forced to recognize that, when we stand our ground in the name of our King.

The Devil and his helpers are just like naughty, disobedient children. For one thing, they have NO STRENGTH against God's children UNLESS they FIRST obtain permission from Jesus! Did you know that? And, Jesus has promised not to let one hair of our heads perish! He is VERY protective of us and jealous of us. And we are constantly surrounded by his powerful angels that easily overpower the Devil's strongest forces.

Our spiritual weapon is the Sword of the Word. The Word is what determines the outcome of every spiritual battle. That's because the Devil or Satan must obey God's Word. So, that's why is it so vitally important to be STRONG IN THE WORD and in the POWER OF HIS MIGHT and RESIST THE DEVIL. He's a bully and a punk!

DON'T do like I did with those dogs. Don't TURN YOUR BACK ON THE PUNK! We must constantly DRAW THE LINE and continually ORDER THE DEVIL TO LEAVE. He will also constantly disobey but, even if he does try to disobey and squeeze in, we must be VIGILANT to KEEP THE STANDARD UP!

Are we training our children in the Word? Are we teaching them how to HEAR FROM GOD? How to use the spiritual weapons? Don't ever underestimate your child's angel! Their angels are HUGE.

My heart is breaking for the dear Kurdish women soldiers who are going up against ISIS! Their warfare is physical, but, nevertheless, they believe that's what they need to do in order to protect their families from being enslaved, raped and beheaded by that wicked cult. So, may God protect those brave women who have given up everything to join the front lines.

But, we are not physical soldiers. We are soldiers of the cross. It is the cross that will protect us, defend us and fight for us. That cross is more powerful than all the physical weapons of this world.

Do you know how much power there is in the NAME of Jesus Christ?

Do you know, furthermore that there's an angel behind you that is seven feet tall? If you are a born-again believer in Christ as your Saviour, YOU have a huge, powerful angel that follows you, overshadows you and waits to do your bidding. Don't leave him idle. I, for one, have started keeping my angel plenty busy. I never want him to get bored! In fact, I keep a lot of them busy. Praise God. They're here for us to USE, right? So, why not? It's their job!

The WORD and PRAYER are the MOST POWERFUL WEAPONS on the planet. No kidding. They are the primary weapons of all warfare. If you don't believe that, you don't believe all the miracles in the Bible.

Here's the words to a great song, as much as I can remember:


"The fight is on! Arouse ye soldiers brave and free! Jehovah reigns and victory will asure!
Go buckle on the armor God has given you and in His strength, unto the end, endure.

The fight is on, oh Christian soldier
And face to face in stern array
With armor gleaming
And colours streaming
The right and wrong engage today..."

So, it's time to exercise those faith muscles and learn how to wield the weapons of our warfare. Let's stop hiding our head in the sand and turning our back to the dogs. Amen?

No comments:

Post a Comment