Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The 144,000

I thought I wrote an entry about the hundred and forty-four thousand a while ago but I can't seem to find it on this blog. At any rate, I have changed my mind. (We're allowed to change our minds, right?) It's good to know that we are smarter today than yesterday and that we can be flexible enough to change our dogmas.

The mystery of the 144,000 who receive the seal of God in their foreheads has always been a thorn in my side until today, when I reread the book of Revelation from start to finish. I believe God really blesses people who read it, especially when we take the time to read it all the way through, constantly pausing and asking Him to explain it. That's what I was doing when it came to me.

It wasn't the first time that this thought came to mind, but I'd put it on the shelf. But, this time, it really hit me between the eyes! Let me explain from the beginning to show you the logic and how simple it all is.

It's like a puzzle and only one piece in the entire picture will fit exactly. And here's a part of the puzzle.

Revelation 6:17a For the great day of his WRATH is come;

There's the first clue. The last verse of Revelation 6 talks about the wrath of God. (We know that God's children will not be on the earth during the wrath of God because we will already have been raptured, before God pours out his wrath.)

Directly following "For the great day of his wrath is come" is chapter 7 which is about the sealing of the 144 thousand of the tribes of Israel. I believe that this is also during the wrath of God, because the four angels are getting ready to "hurt the earth and the sea" (part of the wrath).

Ok, so now, take a look at Revelation19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

Why is Jesus coming down on a horse with His army? This is part of the wrath of God. The next verse, verse 15c says "and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God."

Now, as the Commander in Chief, Jesus is wearing an "identity tag" on his clothing and on his thigh.

16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, and LORD OF LORDS.

It's going to be pretty hard to mistake who He is! And, I would think his army would also need to be identified. Perhaps with a seal?

Revelation 7
1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.
(The calm before the storm of God's wrath.)

2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,

3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

(I had always assumed that the servants of God were people who were already here on earth during the Tribulation. Now, I realize this doesn't happen during the Tribulation! It happens after the Tribulation when Jesus is coming to pour out His wrath! So, timing is all important and makes a huge difference.

What is the seal for? Is it to protect these soldiers, these servants of God who most-likely lived hundreds of years ago and are ready to scrap it out with Satan's army? These are the "called and chosen and faithful ones" that have been hand-picked and trained for this mission and I believe it will be an actual physical battle because the blood is going to flow!

Perhaps the seal is for identification purposes so the soldiers will be able to identify each other. It could also be a communication device. I don't know but I do believe the 144 thousand are the armies that follow Jesus down from heaven. Jesus will have an army of 144,000 Jews!

They are not the Jehovah's Witness. They are not "the remnant" of Jews that will be saved in the End Time. They are probably not even people like us who have lived post-crucifixion, but men of renown. They are going to be those guys that fought battles in the Old Testament, people like Moses, Joshua and Caleb.
 






So, that was a bit of an exciting revelation from the Lord. You don't have to believe it. It's really according to your faith. For me, it's another piece of the puzzle that just fits so accurately that it's very pleasing to get it finally!

I have always felt "not right" about any of the interpretations I came across for this 144 thousand. As we know, the Jehovah's Witness believe that only 144 thousand will make it into Heaven.

After 12,000 men are sealed from each tribe of Israel, the next verse says:

9 After this I beheld, and lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
(There's a big worship session going on here with a huge crowd of God's children.)

13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

So, here's what I am starting to think. I think that the believers will go through the Tribulation and get raptured and invited to the Wedding Supper of the Lamb and then Jesus is going to go down on His white horse with his army and avenge us on our enemies. And, you know, too, Jesus can be in two different places at the same time because He is omnipresent. Who knows?

At any rate, I believe we will be enjoying the Wedding Supper of the Lamb and that the Wrath of God will be part of the entertainment for the evening, maybe they'll have announcers calling out the moves play-by-play and we will applaud and clink our wine glasses in toasts to cheer on our winning team!


--- Even though, we already know who's going to win!


No comments:

Post a Comment